Palm Springs is a city that oozes all things glamorous and indulgent. From its art-rich neighborhoods to the endless nights of partying, it’s no wonder Visitors’ Guide craiglist.org Palm Springs has become one of the most popular destinations in California. If you’re planning on making a trip to Palm Springs this year, make sure you check out our guide; it will help make your experience as luxurious and enjoyable as possible. From restaurant reviews to attractions, we have everything you need to make the most of your time in Palm Springs.
What is Palm Springs?
If you’re looking for a relaxing getaway in the desert, Palm Springs is the place to be. The city has all the amenities you could want and its warm climate makes it perfect for year-round enjoyment. From shopping at awe-inspiring boutiques to exploring stunning scenic routes, there’s plenty to do in Palm Springs. Here are just a few of the highlights:
• Walk or bike along the famous Palm Springs sidewalk mall, which features more than 150 boutiques and eateries.
• Sample world-class cuisine at some of the city’s top restaurants, such as The Bazaar by José Andrés or Barrister & Spy.
• Indulge in a luxurious spa treatment or take a yoga class on one of the many beautiful desert landscapes.
• Take in an art exhibit or concert at one of the city’s renowned venues – like Theresienstadt Castle or Cricket Wireless Pavilion – or catch a game at one of the local stadiums.
The History of Palm Springs
Palm Springs is a city in Riverside County, California, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 94,326. Palm Springs covers an area of about 4 square miles (10 km2), all of it designated as a historic district in 1982. The resort town lies at the foot of the San Jacinto Mountains on a palm-lined valley that rises to 10,000 feet (3,048 m).
The Cost of Living in Palm Springs
Palm Springs is known for its hot weather, palm trees, and celebrities. It’s also one of the more expensive places to live in California. According to the Cost of Living Index, the average monthly rent in Palm Springs is $2,100 while the average monthly mortgage payment is $2,700. The cost of groceries and utilities also add up quickly in Palm Springs. A basket of groceries that would cost $60 in Los Angeles will cost almost $90 in Palm Springs.
Additionally, utilities are much more expensive than they are in most other parts of the country. A gallon of gas costs about $4.50 in Palm Springs while it only costs around $2.50 on the East Coast. These high costs can be offset somewhat by the fact that Palm Springs has some of the most affordable housing options in California. The median home price in Palm Springs is only $269,500 which makes it a relatively affordable place to live if you’re not looking for luxury accommodations.
What to Do in Palm Springs
If you’re looking to escape the cold and snow, Palm Springs is the perfect destination. With its warm weather and beautiful scenery, it’s no wonder this city has been attracting visitors for generations. Here are a few things to do in Palm Springs if you’re planning a trip:
1. Take a walk on the historic downtown streets. Start at the Palm Springs Art Museum and wander down Jens Jensen Drive until you reach Cathedral Park. Stop by the Palace Hotel, where Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall once stayed, or check out the stately architecture of The Elks Lodge.
2. Spend some time at one of the many luxurious resorts in Palm Springs. Try The Majestic at Palm Canyon or The Desert Inn for old-world charm, or opt for something more contemporary like The Congress at Agua Caliente or The Polo Club at La Costa Resort & Spa.
3. Check out some of Palm Springs’ top attractions like The Sundance Film Festival Museum or The Children’s Discovery Museum of San Diego County. Or take a drive up into the mountains to see stunning desert vistas like White Sands National Monument or Mount Charleston National Forest.
4. Sample some of the city’s famous cuisine at one of its many restaurants, from casual spots like Baja Fresh to high-end establishments like Zuma Grill and Citronelle Restaurant & Lounge. And don’t forget about our famed desert cocktails!
Places to Stay in Palm Springs
Palm Springs is a perfect getaway for anyone looking for a relaxing and beautiful location. The city has plenty of places to stay, from luxurious resorts to cozy bed-and-breakfasts. Whether you’re looking for an all-inclusive vacation or just want to explore the city on your own, here are some of the best places to stay in Palm Springs:
This five-star resort offers an impressive array of amenities, including a spa, restaurants, and a Luxury Collection store. It’s located in downtown Palm Springs, close to many popular attractions.
The Desert Sun Resort
This luxury resort is located in Indio and offers access to horseback riding, golfing, fishing, tennis, and more. It also has a large pool area with two Jacuzzis, several pools (including a children’s pool), and private cabanas.
The Four Seasons Resort at Anabella
This exclusive resort is known for its high quality service and luxurious accommodations. It features four swimming pools (one with a retractable roof), three tennis courts, an 18-hole golf course, and more than 150 types of wine available by the glass.
The Gardens on Camelback Road
Set on over 1 acre of landscaped gardens in the heart of Palm Springs, this inn offers spacious rooms with private balconies and views of the gardens or nearby mountains. There are also several restaurants nearby (including Zabar’s
Also Read: Fhb.Com Competitors & Alternative Sites Like
Restaurants in Palm Springs
If you’re looking for a restaurant in Palm Springs, look no further. This desert oasis offers something for everyone, whether you’re a fan of Mexican food or Japanese cuisine. Here are some of the best restaurants in Palm Springs:
1. El Coordinador – If you’re craving Mexican food, El Coordinador is definitely worth a visit. They serve up some of the most delicious tacos and burritos in town.
2. Mama’s Kitchen – Mama’s Kitchen is a popular Italian restaurant that serves up mouth-watering pasta dishes and pizza. They also have a great wine list to choose from.
3. The Daily Grind – If you’re looking for healthy options, The Daily Grind is the perfect restaurant for you. They offer salads, wraps, grain bowls and more, all made with fresh ingredients.
4. Solaire – If you’re looking for a romantic dinner out, Solaire should be at the top of your list. Their menu features many fine dining options such as rack of lamb and filet mignon… not to mention their amazing view!
5. Zen Garden – If you’re looking for an intimate setting with stunning views, Zen Garden is the perfect spot for you. Their garden setting provides an unforgettable experience while their menu offers plenty of choices.”
Activities to Do in Palm Springs
If you’re looking for a fun-filled destination to spend your holiday break, look no further than Palm Springs, California. This neo-Mexican resort town is home to plenty of activities for all ages to enjoy, from hiking in the nearby mountains to visiting one of the many themed amusement parks. Here are just a few suggestions:
• Drive out to Palm Canyon for a scenic drive and some great photo opportunities.
• Visit the polka museum for some souvenir shopping and live entertainment.
• Check out the Victorian houses and gardens in downtown Palm Springs for a picturesque walk or bike ride.
• Experience a little bit of everything at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival – music, arts, food and more!
This is only a sampling of what awaits visitors in Palm Springs. Be sure to check out craiglist.org for more information on things to do in this beautiful desert town.