We frequently come across information regarding social media platforms and users that are fascinating, and we’ve compiled the finest of them in this comprehensive facts list. It is a valuable tool for setting the framework for your social media marketing initiatives.
You may modify your plans and budget by being aware of the social network data, which will enable you to target consumers more precisely.
- General statistics on social media
- Twitter use data
- Facebook uses data
- Google Analytics data
- Instagram use data
- Figures from Pinterest
- Statistics on LinkedIn
- Statistics for Snapchat
General statistics on social media
- In 2023, it is anticipated that social media advertising would cost $1268.7 billion.
- 4.62 billion people use social media regularly.
- Millennials and members of Generation Z typically have 8.5 social media accounts each.
- 147 minutes are typically spent on social media each day.
- For reference, there are around 8 billion people on Earth as of December 2022.
- By June 2022, there will be 5.473 billion internet users.
- Social media is used by 71% of small- to medium-sized enterprises.
- The number of Twitter users is projected to increase by 1.8% in 2023.
- There are 450 million monthly active users.
- Every day, 500 million tweets are sent.
- 10% of Twitter users are responsible for 92% of tweets.
- 48% of people use Twitter to look for the most recent news.
- It took 3 years, 2 months, and 1 day from the first Tweet to the one billion.
- At 77.75 million users, the US has the most Twitter users.
- Around the world, those aged 25 to 34 use Twitter the most.
- Twitter is used by 82% of B2B content marketers.
- Barack Obama’s Twitter account has the most followers.
- Its annual ad income increased by 22%.
- The price of the very first tweet ever published was $2.9 million.
- 118 million companies using Twitter.
Head over to the full list of Twitter statistics based on research by ExpressVPN to find what has changed on the platform since Elon Musk’s takeover.
- After Google and YouTube, Facebook is the third most popular website in the world.
- 56.6% of global Facebook users are male, while 43.4% are female
- 33 minutes is the typical daily time spent on Facebook.
- As of 2022, there are 2.9 billion active monthly users.
- With more than 185 million followers, Facebook App’s page is the most popular.
- Cristiano Ronaldo, a Portuguese football player, has the highest number of followers, with more than 160 million as of December 2022.
- On Facebook, there are 60 million live business pages.
- There are more than 6 million advertisers using Facebook.
- The second most used social networking platform globally is YouTube.
- The average daily time spent on the platform is 19 minutes.
- There are 2.1 billion active monthly users on YouTube from all around the world.
- Every minute, 2500 new videos are posted on YouTube.
- The typical individual spends 19 minutes per day watching YouTube material, and 40.9% of that time is spent on a mobile device.
- India has 225 million YouTube subscribers.
- The United States has 197 million.
- Most YouTube users are between the ages of 15 and 35.
- Seventy percent of viewers have bought anything after seeing a brand on YouTube.
- YouTube videos should be no longer than 10 minutes.
- As of 2022, Instagram had more than 2 billion monthly active users globally.
- Instagram is the fourth most popular social networking platform in the world, with daily photo uploads of over 95 million.
- The most popular Instagram photo as of December 2022 is of Lionel Messi and his teammates after Argentina won the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
- India has 230 million Instagram users, followed by the United States, with 143.4 million.
- Around the world, 51.8% of Instagram users are men, and 48.2% are women.
- The greatest age group of users is those aged 25-34
- The typical daily Instagram usage time is 29 minutes.
- There are more than 500 million daily active users of Instagram Stories.
- 25% of Millennials and members of Generation Z use Stories to locate goods and services.
- By January 2023, brands may advertise to 1.318 billion Instagram users thanks to Instagram Reels, which have a 22% higher engagement rate than other video content.
Statistics on TikTok
- In the third quarter of 2022, there were 1.5 billion active users on TikTok per month.
- The daily average for TikTok usage is 32 minutes.
- TikTok ranks as the sixth most popular site, measured by monthly active users.
- TikTok is the most popular overall app downloaded globally.
- According to hashtags, the most popular content genre is entertainment.
- In Asian nations like Indonesia (106.9 million users), Vietnam (49.6 million), the Philippines (42.7 million), and Thailand, TikTok is widely used (39.5 million)
- In the UK, TikTok is anticipated to have 15 million users by 2025.
- 10 to 19-year-olds make up about 25% of TikTok’s active American users.
- Khaby Lame, who has the most followers, is the top star on TikTok.
- 57% of active users on TikTok were female.
Figures from Pinterest
- Each month, 433 million people use Pinterest.
- Around 85% of Pinners use a mobile device.
- The typical user spends 4 minutes and 50 seconds on Pinterest, the fourteenth-largest social media network in the world.
- Pinterest users are divided into three genders: women (76.2%), men (17.2%), and “other” (6.6%).
- Users on Pinterest tend to be between the ages of 25 and 34.
- The US is where Pinterest’s largest user base is located, making it the second most popular social networking site there.
- On Pinterest, 46% of regular pinners have found a new company or item.
- Almost 25% of time spent on Pinterest is spent buying related.
- 85% of users made purchases as a result of brand pins.
Statistics on LinkedIn
- 875 million people utilize LinkedIn globally.
- The most widely used social networking platform is LinkedIn.
- Employees make up a third of the company’s involvement.
- There are almost 58 million businesses on LinkedIn.
- Male users on LinkedIn outnumber female users by 57.2%.
- 75% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to promote
- The best website for generating B2B leads is LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn offers marketers up to 2x greater conversion rates.
Statistics for Snapchat
- There were 363 million daily active Snapchat users globally.
- The application is ranked the world’s 12th most popular social networking platform.
- The average daily number of AR lens plays is 6+ billion.
- Users spend 31 minutes on Snapchat on average every day, with India having the most users at 144.35 million.
- 39% of Snapchat users contact their friends and family before making a purchase.
- When spending time with friends, 34% of respondents claim to use Snapchat more than other social media.
- In January 2023, advertisers may access 634.8 million Snapchat users.
You’ve now had your fill of social media data, which only makes up a minor part of the whole wealth of information. This list will be updated as we get fresh information that can support the social media development of your company.
Get in contact with us for a free trial and find out ways to enhance your social media strategy if you’re searching for detailed data about your audience, brand, or competition.