Joe Manganiello Daily Routine: Secret to His Six Pack Abs

The American actor, producer, director, and writer Joe Manganiello has long been a well-known name in the entertainment world. He has won over fans with his talent and adaptability. Let’s have a look at his daily routine and his secret of staying fit.


Joseph Michael Manganiello

Date of birth

September 28, 1976


Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, U.S.


Actor, producer, director, writer

Known for

Roles in the television series True Blood, the Magic Mike movies, and the film Sabotage


1 Primetime Emmy Award

Net worth

$20 million

Early Life and Career

On December 28, 1976, Joe Manganiello was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania,. He studied drama at Carnegie Mellon University, where he received a BFA in acting.

Joe Manganiello

Throughout his career, Joe Manganiello has experienced a great deal of success and accomplishment. He rose to fame as an actor by taking part in popular television shows like True Blood and blockbuster movies like Magic Mike, Spider-Man, Pee Wee’s Big Holiday, Sabotage, Rampage, and as the super-villain DeathStroke in Zack Snyder‘s DCEU.

In addition to acting, Manganiello has established himself as a producer, director, and writer. He is working on a number of projects that will be released in the coming year, including the upcoming Netflix series Army of the Dead: Lost Vegas, the AMC series Moonhaven, and Mythic Quest for Apple TV.

Workout Routine

This is a good time to point out that Joe Manganiello has written his very own fitness book, Evolution: The Cutting-Edge Guide to Overcoming Mental Barriers and Creating the Body You’ve Always Wanted.

Chest/ Back

  • Ellipticals or low-impact plyometrics for a dynamic warm-up
  • 3 sets of 8 to 10 repetitions of dumbbell rows
  • Dumbbell press at an incline (three sets of 8–10 repetitions)
  • Pull-ups with a wide grip (3 sets of 8–10 reps)
  • Deadlifting (3 sets of 8–10 repetitions).
  • 3 sets of 8–10 repetitions of lat pulldowns
  • Chest Fly’s (three sets of 8–10 repetitions)

Legs/ Triceps

  • 15 minutes of running or rowing for warming up
  • Leg press (three sets of 8–10 repetitions)
  • 3 sets of 15 reps of calf raises
  • 3-set, 8- to 10-rep sets of hamstring curls
  • Treble pushdowns (3 sets of 8–10 repetitions)
  • Dips: 3 sets of 8–10 repetitions.
  • Three sets of eight to ten repetitions of standing dumbbell triceps extensions

Joe Manganiello

Shoulders/ Biceps

  • 15 minutes of running or rowing for warming up
  • 3 sets of 8–10 repetitions of lateral raises
  • Shoulder flies (three sets of 8–10 repetitions)
  • Curls for preachers (3 sets of 8–10 repetitions)
  • Chin-ups with a close grip (3 sets of 12 reps)
  • Hammer curls (three sets of 8–10 repetitions)

Related Articles:

“Also, to be honest, my dad wanted me to be an athlete. And I think all sons want to prove something to their dad. So now, aged 35, I want to see what I can achieve physically.”


Muscle Group


Monday Chest and back
Barbell bench press, incline dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flyes, pull-ups, bent-over rows, lat pulldowns
Tuesday Legs and triceps
Barbell squats, leg press, leg extensions, hamstring curls, triceps pushdowns, overhead triceps extensions
Wednesday Shoulders and biceps
Barbell shoulder press, dumbbell lateral raises, front raises, barbell curls, hammer curls, concentration curls
Thursday Chest and back
Repeat exercises from Monday
Friday Legs and triceps
Repeat exercises from Tuesday
Saturday Shoulders and biceps
Repeat exercises from Wednesday
Sunday Rest  

Diet Plan

Joe Manganiello prioritizes his food just as much, if not more, than his action-packed workout routine. Manganiello weighs 226 pounds, making him a big person, therefore he definitely needs to consume more calories.


  • Plain Oatmeal and water
  • Whey Protein mixed with water


  • Almonds

At Noon

  • Omelette without yolks
  • Ham, Turkey, bacon, feta cheese


  • Fruits, Buffalo jerky, Sugar Free Chocolate, Almonds


  • Pork Chops
  • Broccoli, Squash
  • Mushrooms

Before Bed

  • Whey Protein with water

However, the actor enjoys exchanging some foods for others and adds a variety of foods to his diet. For his lunch, he occasionally substitutes lean beef steaks for chicken breast.

“We never do less than 80 percent of full capacity with the diet and the workouts. But that means he can still have a cheat meal and enjoy life the other 20 percent.”

joe manganiello

Other than these, Manganiello also takes some supplements like caffeine, creatine, NO2 and Glutamine.

“Everybody is looking for this fad diet or something, but there is really no secret. There is no fad. Just Exercise. Get in there and break a sweat every day. That’s my secret. My secret is, ‘There is no secret’.”