The NBA superstar is one of the most famous athletes in the world. He has won three NBA championships, four MVP awards, two Olympic gold medals, and an NBA scoring title. But how much does he really make?
LeBron James is a basketball player who has won four NBA championships, four NBA MVPs, four NBA Finals MVPs, and two Olympic gold medals. He’s an American professional player and entrepreneur known for his talents on the court.
Despite the fact that he made more than $1 billion in his lengthy profession that lasted over 18 years, James is yet to join the ranks of billionaires. His earnings include a base pay of about $400 million, with off-the-court income totaling around $600 million.
In terms of salary alone, he is the sixth highest-paid player in the NBA. He makes $41.1 million each year. People James is one of the world’s most well-known and powerful celebrities.
He earns around $50-$60 million annually in product endorsements. When he inked a $1 billion lifetime deal, he made headlines. It’s the first time Nike has offered such a low price on its products throughout its history.
List of Endorsement Deals
James has endorsement contracts with a number of well-known corporations, including McDonald’s, Microsoft, State Farm, Beats By Dr. Dre, Coca-Cola, Dunkin’ Donuts, Baskin Robbins Ice Cream, and Samsung among others. He also owns 1% equity in Beats by Dr. Dre. When the firm was sold to Apple for $3 billion, he made about $30 million.
Big Deal with Nike
“What’s it take to be a great player? Talent is nothing without the will to win. If you choose professionalism, I’m sure that your spirit and desire will propel you further than any other competitor.”
He was only 18 years old when he inked his first Nike endorsement contract. In seven years, he earned $90 million, or roughly $12.8 million per year.
As of right now, he receives roughly $20 million each year from Nike, which includes both base compensation and royalty received for his signature shoe line. Nike signed James to a $1 billion lifetime endorsement agreement in December 2015.
LeBron James Income Sources
- Signed his first Nike contract for $90 million over seven years.
- In the first ten years of his NBA career, he has made $450 million in salary and endorsements.
- After a stellar amateur career that included a collegiate national championship and numerous accolades has established himself as one of the greatest NFL players. He has made a career total of $700 million thus far in his professional life from pay and endorsements.
- I’m a real estate investor who has amassed approximately $80 million in the property.
- He has invested in several startup firms and is the majority owner of Liverpool F.C.
- In 2018, James launched the health and wellness company Ladder in collaboration with Cindy Crawford, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Lindsey.
- The LeBron James Family Foundation, which was founded in 2018 and has ambitious goals to fund $41 million in college scholarships for youngsters, is one of several initiatives that aim to assist kids.
- 19 Blaze Pizza restaurants in Chicago and South Florida are owned by James and his partners.
- He runs his own production company, SpringHill Entertainment, and media business, Uninterrupted.
LeBron James’ Personal Life
LeBron James was born in 1984 in Ohio. His mother gave him a tiny hoop and basketball when he was an infant, and he played for hours with them. Basketball became a part of his existence when he was a kid. When he was in elementary school, he excelled immediately in the game.
When he was a pupil at St Vincent-St Mary High School, he became the youngest person ever to be named to the USA Today All-USA First Team. After that, he became well-known when he made the cover page of SLAM magazine while in high school.
In 2013, he married his high school sweetheart and now has three children.
LeBron James’ Real Estate Value
The James family owns a mansion in Miami. LeBron James paid $21 million for a 9,350 square foot house in Los Angeles in 2015.
In 2017, he purchased another $23 million mansions in Brentwood for nearly $30 million. In 2020, he spent over $36 million on a Beverly Hills home.