‘America’s Got Talent’, and ‘The Voice’ alum Nolan Neal died in his apartment on 18th July 2022 at the age of 41. According to Page Six, the cause of his death has been reported as “due to ingesting a fatal combination of drugs.”
Who was Nolan Neal?
Nolan Neal is a singer-songwriter who gained recognition for his appearances on the reality talent shows “America’s Got Talent” and “The Voice.
Neal first appeared on ‘The Voice’ in 2016, where he auditioned with the Incubus song ‘Drive’ which allowed him to secure a spot in Adam Levine’s team, though he was later eliminated.
In 2020, Neal appeared on ‘America’s Got Talent’, where he auditioned with his original song ‘Lost’ and received a standing ovation from the judges. He continued to advance through the competition, eventually making it to the quarterfinals.
During his AGT journey, his performance of his original song ‘Send Me A Butterfly’ during the competition went viral and gained him a significant following.
Neal’s music is often characterized as rock and alternative with influences from grunge and blues.
He has released several albums and singles throughout his career, including ‘Lost’, ‘The Way You Were Mine’, and ‘I’ll Be Fine’.
His emotional and introspective lyrics often touch on personal struggles and mental health issues.
Overall, Nolan Neal’s appearances on ‘America’s Got Talent’ and ‘The Voice’ helped to bring attention to his music and expand his fanbase.
Also read: Tom Verlaine Cause of Death: The Legendary Guitarist’s Impact on Music History
Nolan Neal’s Cause of Death
The Nashville-based singer Nolan Neal died at the age of 41 due to acute combined drug toxicity.
A spokesperson from the Davidson County Medical Examiner’s office in Nashville confirmed that the drugs found in Neal’s system included a deadly combination of morphine, methamphetamine, fentanyl, and acetyl fentanyl.
According to People, Neal’s cousin Dylan Seals confirmed at the time of the musician’s death that the singer was found dead in his apartment.
At the time, the Metropolitan Nashville Police Department told Page Six that officers received a call from a “deceased person” that was later identified as Neal.
“On the desk next to the bed was a black guitar pick that appeared to contain a powder residue,” a spokesperson from the department revealed to the outlet. “The victim reportedly struggled with substance abuse.”
Stating his sadness, Seal told the media that Neal was always open and honest about his drug addiction struggle but, “he ultimately succumbed to his battle with substance abuse.”
“He was a loving father and son. A light to all who knew him. My heart goes out to his two children and his mother Cathy.”