If someone has taken over your account, they can post to your Story and send Snaps from your account. They might also be able to access any other accounts that are linked with yours. Here’s how to recover a hacked Snapchat account!
It’s inconvenient to lose your account, especially if it’s Snapchat since many of us use it for its privacy features. Losing access to your account in any scenario is inconvenient. We’ll teach you how to get your Snapchat account back if you’ve lost access to it and what you can do to make it safer in this post.
Add Read: You Can Now Use Your Android Smartphone to Install an App on Your Android TV, Latest Updates!
How to Get Your Snapchat Back (2021)
Before you begin the recovery procedure for your account, you should know what has caused you to lose access. Sometimes we simply forget our password. Someone may have hacked our account and logged us out of it on other occasions. We’ll look at how we can get access to our accounts in each of these situations.
If you’ve lost your Snapchat account’s password, here’s how to retrieve it.
If you’ve forgotten your Snapchat account’s password and can’t get in, resetting it will help you regain access. Here’s how to change your account password.
- Tap on Login on your phone and open Snapchat. Enter your username or email address, then click on the Forgot your Password? option.
- Select whether you’d like to restore your account using a cell phone or an email address. Let’s say we wanted to use our phone. On the following page, type in your email address and then hit the Submit button.
- Snapchat has announced that it will send you an email with a password reset link. To reset your password, click the link and type in your new password.
- In the event, you picked the option to call. Select whether you’d want to utilize the message or call choice before entering your phone number. Because I find it easier than calling, I usually use that method.
- Now all you have to do is enter the OTP that you received and then the new password that you wish to use.
If you forget your Snapchat account, use the information below to recover it.
It may be difficult to get back into the game if you don’t remember your Snapchat username.
The quickest solution to get your account back is to use your email rather than the username and then utilize the aforementioned forgotten password procedure. I’m having trouble figuring out how to make a new Facebook account, and I’ve already forgotten the email ID that was used to create it. Now that you know what your options are, here’s what you can do about it.
- Make a list of all email addresses you have used for Snapchat. The majority of those who forget their Snapchat email address have several email addresses and can’t remember which one they used to create the account. Make sure you’ve included all of your existing email addresses on this list.
- The app is now accessible on your smartphone, so open it and follow the recovery process. Use the recovery by email option to input each of your emails one at a time. If you input an email address that is not associated with any existing email account, you will get an error reading Email address is invalid.
Use the same method to reconnect your account until you discover the correct email address, then use it to reset your password and restore access.
Add Read: 50 Intriguing and Fun Websites to Pass the Time, Complete Info!
How to Get Your Stolen Snapchat Account Back
Recovering a stolen Snapchat account is not simple. The degree to which your account will be restored is determined by the modifications that the hacker has made to it. If you find out that your account information has been exposed in a data dump, all you have to do is change your password so that no one can access your account.
If a third party has gotten access to your account and altered the password, you can utilize the password reset option to regain control of your account. However, you can do nothing about it if someone has changed not just the recovery email ID but also the phone number linked to the account. After that, you can only wait for Snapchat Help to contact you and submit a form.
How to Keep Your Snapchat Account Secure
The sooner you secure your Snapchat account, the better. It’s always preferable to keep your social media accounts safe from the start rather than waiting for a calamity to strike and then attempting to address it after the fact.
There are a few things you may do to ensure that your account is safe and that no one gets into it without your permission.
Check to See If Your Email Address and Telephone Number Are Up to Date
Creating an account with Snapchat is straightforward. a phone number or an email address. In reality, it can be any email address or phone number. You don’t have to use a real one. While this is fantastic if you don’t want to give out your personal email ID and phone number with Snapchat, it also implies that you won’t be able to access your account if you forget your password or it’s hacked. To be sure that your email address and phone number are up to date and verified, open the app and go to Settings.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
While you’re in Snapchat’s settings, turn on two-factor authentication since it lowers the risk of someone hacking into your account. To enable Two-Factor Authentication, go to Settings and select Two-Factor Authentication. Then follow the instructions to turn it on.
Best Practices for Creating and Using Passwords
However, this is something that many people overlook. Always use the most secure passwords to keep your account secure. It also implies creating various passwords for different accounts and using a lengthy, random password with numerous options for numbers, letters, and special characters.
Unless you have a brilliant intellect, it will be impossible to do it manually, so I advise using password manager software. There are several excellent password managers on the market, and you may pick whichever one you prefer.
Add Read: On a Chromebook, How Do You Install Itunes, Latest Guide!
Take Over Your Snapchat Account Right Now
I hope that this post was able to assist you in regaining access to your Snapchat account. I’d want it to be the message that you should make it more difficult for others to steal your account if you took anything away from this article.
Please share your thoughts on the article in the comments section below. Check out our article on Snapchat hacks for additional information. Also, don’t forget to have a look at our Instagram hacks article for more ideas.