The unfollowing of a new coworker on Instagram could be seen as rude. You can mute someone if you don’t want to view their Stories or posts but still want to communicate with them. Learn how to silence a user on Instagram in this article.
Instagram will not alert the profile you silence that you have done so. You can stop seeing a user’s updates and Stories in two different ways: (or both). Let’s start with this one.
How to Mute Someone on Instagram
You can mute a user or a page by going to their profile in the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Here, you can choose the “Mute” option from the menu.
- Select “Mute” from the pop-up menu.
- Toggle between “Posts” and “Stories” by tapping the corresponding buttons. Neither their Instagram posts nor their Stories will appear in your feed.
- You can mute the sound from this screen. Their History will be immediately silenced and buried.
- When someone’s post appears in your feed and you want to ignore it, hit the three dots Menu button near the top of the image.
- Select “Mute” from the drop-down menu here to silence the audio.
Now, click “Mute Posts” if you just wish to silence their contributions. Choose “Mute Posts And Story” if you only want them to hide their Stories from you.
Read More: Snapchat: How To Get the Ciao Filter – Social Media Users Are Obsessed with It!
How to Unmute Someone on Instagram
You can still view a muted user’s posts and Stories by visiting their profile. In order to unmute someone, go back to their profile and hit the “Following” button before choosing the “Mute” option.
You can now unmute the Instagram account by toggling the switches next to “Posts” and “Stories.”
To Know More Latest Updates You Can Visit Our Website: Techstry.net